- Production area: 42.hectares / 104 acres
- Soil type: Deep gravel outcrops from the quaternary period.
- Rootstock: 101-14, Riparia Gloire et 3309.
- Fertilizer: Biologic fertilisation.
- Planting density: 10.000 vines per hectare.
- Average vine age: 30-35 years.
- Grape varieties on the property: Cabernet Sauvignon 60 % / Merlot 40 %.
- Pruning system: « Guyot double » with disbudding.
- Harvest: By hand in small crates then sorted on tables before and after de-stemming.
- Fermentation: Fermenting room supplied by gravity-fed wine shed. Fermentation in thermo-regulated stainless steel vats with a patented cap crumbling system.
- Fermentation temperature: 27°C / 80,6°F
- Malolactic: Yes
- Aging: 15 months in barrels
Weather: The year 2014 was characterized by an atypical Climate with a mild, rainy winter And an early spring with mild temperatures and cool nights. It was an early year similar to 1990 and other great vintage years. The Month of May was mixed with cool periods and 30°C. Flowering took place in good conditions with some Grape shatter for the merlots, promoting the aeration of the bunches. A disappointing summer with bad weather slowed down vine growth.
The autumn was fabulous in September and October, it was dry and warm, the warmest on Record for 100 years, making possible to concentrate the grapes And achieve exceptional ripeness.
Blend: Cabernet Sauvignon 61%, Merlot 39%
Consulting enologist: Eric Boissenot.
Appearence : Deep purple color with ruby’s understone
Nose: Very delicate and complex with hints gingerbread
Mouth: Very soft and subtle tannins and aromas, subtle mouth Feel with long lasting soft blackcurrant tannins well balanced wine with a silk texture promising long lasting aging potential.
Drinking window: 2017-2030